Books I've Read:

Jack's books

A Long Way Gone
The Universe Versus Alex Woods
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Lost Hero
The Throne of Fire
The Red Pyramid
The Last Olympian
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Prodigy
Legend
Divergent
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
The Thief Lord
The Universe Versus Alex Woods


Jack Douglas's favorite books »

Thursday, November 20, 2014

New Book

I am starting a new book to read over Thanksgiving Break. It is called Life of Pi by: Yann Martel. Shout out to Alex Fortson for the suggestion. The novel is about a young man named Pi Patel, hence the name, Life of Pi. His father is a zookeeper who decides to move to North America and take all the animals from the zoo with. I have seen the movie and now want to read the book so that I can further understand the meaning. I remember in the end of the movie there was something that confused me. Pi writes about his experience in which he has to survive on a lifeboat with some hyenas, a wounded zebra, and orangutan, and a tiger. There was a part in the movie I don't quite remember but it suggested that none of the animals were actually with him on the life boat. That maybe he created them with his mind to get through the struggle of surviving by himself.

I think I am going to find some differences between the book and movie version. I am excited to see what these are. In the movie I remember being kind of sad throughout the whole film. The way he was torn from his family by a ship wreck, the way the zebra and orangutan died while he was right there, how the tiger walked into the forest without ever turning back around after all that Pi had gone through with him. It left me with a lot to think about which is why I'm so excited about reading it. If you want to see a trailer to the movie press play. I strongly suggest watching the movie By the way. Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment