I want to do a blog post on a book I am reading for next semester that I was thinking I should start. I want to read it over winter break so I can get ahead. It is called Million Dollar Arm by J. B. Bernstein. I want to do a post on my first impressions of what the book will probably be about. I received it as a gift from my Grandma over Thanksgiving break. I saw the movie on my birthday last year and it was just so-so. I'm hoping the book is a lot better.The author is a pretty well known sports agent who has dealt with athletes such as Barry Bonds and Barry Sanders. He launched a reality TV contest in 2007 by the name of Million Dollar Arm. It consisted of a competition where two boys/men, from India, are selected to win 100,000 USD and a trip to the US to enter a bonus round. The two also have an opportunity to play for and MLB team if their tryout is up to par.
Now onto the movie. I kind of liked it and kind of didn't as I said before. To me it was a little bit unrealistic but still enjoyable. The plot for the entirety of the movie didn't really have an antagonist, just the people who doubted the likelihood of their Major League Baseball potential. The antagonist in a book or a movie is really important to me and I sometimes find myself relating to the bad guy more than I do to the good guy. I think some authors and producers/directors do a really good job at this, and in this case, it just didn't do it for me. I am hoping the book does a better job of leaving me hooked and keeping me believing the novel, because after all it is a nonfiction novel. But either way I am looking forward to this read.


















No comments:
Post a Comment