When reading The Universe Versus Alex Woods I found that I really enjoyed the protagonist, Alex. He had such a unique personality due to the fact that he spent all his time reading in a small room for an entire year. He was so advanced intellectually and he was one of those characters I really wish I was in common with. But at the same time he was so naive and not street smart since he hadn't been in much human to human contact. He was witty and his personality was so unique.
I admired the way he understood stuff that was so beyond his years. A quote that displays his funny personality is, "'God you're
weird!' she said. 'Yes I know,' I conceded. 'It's not an insult,' she added. 'It's just... well, there are certainly worse things to be.' 'Thank you.' To me that was as good as a compliment," (Extence 169). It bothered me that he was bullied so much since he is such a nice kid. He is one of my favorite characters of all books I have ever read.
No comments:
Post a Comment