Books I've Read:

Jack's books

A Long Way Gone
The Universe Versus Alex Woods
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Lost Hero
The Throne of Fire
The Red Pyramid
The Last Olympian
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Prodigy
Legend
Divergent
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
The Thief Lord
The Universe Versus Alex Woods


Jack Douglas's favorite books »

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'm Confused

I have gotten a few chapters into the new book I am reading, Lexicon. The beginning was really confusing and still is but I have some predictions. In the first chapter two men drug up a man named Wil who is the protagonist for the time being. They are trying to get him out of an airport with minimal resistance but will is trying to get to his wife so he can escape safely. He plans a small escape and a woman named Rain in a blue dress is mentioned multiple times. He makes his way to his wife's car after he gets away from the two men but he is back in their grasp minutes later.

Wil is in a van with the two men and they see Rain ahead. One man tells he other to kill her. Then out of nowhere Wil's wife wrecks into the van with her car. I am assuming she is trying to get Wil back. "It was a white SUV. It's front was crumpled against the wall. Steam issued around its bent front wheels. The sticker on the rear window said: Virginia is for lovers... "'No! No! Cecilia!'" "'She's dead,'" said the tall man. I was just as surprised as you are. As they are regaining their footing and what not Wil sees Rain's dress in the mirror. She is trying to get to Wil. The men catch her and shoot her. She is almost dead when she mysteriously whispers the words, "Contrex helo siq rattrak," The man who shot her suddenly puts the gun to his own head and pulls the trigger. 

In my previous blog post I mention what this novel is about and I think there is already relationships between that and what I have read. According to the synopsis Elizabeth(we haven't met her yet) uses words as weapons and I am assuming that is exactly what rain did to the man when he shot himself. Another strange connection I found was between the cover of the book and the quote, "... but he could still see that her eyes were the same blue as her dress." The picture below makes me wonder...



No comments:

Post a Comment